Knowing what to do before, during, and after a storm hits is extremely important to the safety of you, your family, and ypour home. On this page you will find some great tips and website links that we highly encourage anyone to review. Of course you can always contact us us with any questions.
Important Websites to Know
Disaster Supply Kit
Water – at least 1 gallon daily per person for 3 to 7 days
Food – at least enough for 3 to 7 days
- non-perishable packaged or canned food / juices
- foods for infants or the elderly
- snack foods
- non-electric can opener
- cooking tools / fuel
- paper plates / plastic utensils
Blankets / Pillows, etc.
Clothing – seasonal / rain gear/ sturdy shoes
First Aid Kit / Medicines / Prescription Drugs
Special Items – for babies and the elderly
Toiletries – hygiene items
Flashlight / Batteries
Radio – Battery operated and NOAA weather radio
Cash – Banks and ATMs may not be open or available for extended periods.
Toys, Books and Games
Important documents – in a waterproof container
- insurance, medical records, bank account numbers, Social Security card, etc.
- document all valuables with videotape if possible
Tools – keep a set with you during the storm
Vehicle fuel tanks filled
Pet care items
- proper identification / immunization records
- ample supply of food and water
- a carrier or cage
- muzzle and leash